With great sadness the Manitoba Robots Games records the passing of one of our longest-serving executive members, Ian Elwood-Oates. Ian was more than just another face around the table. He was friend, mentor, coach, inventor, mover, shaker and was such a presence at the games and at other MRG events. He will be very sadly missed. I’ll update this post with additional information in the near future.
… everyone who pitched in and made the Games a success!
- Parents and Guardians
- Sisters and Brothers
Our photographers captured a few of the many great moments which you can see at:
Congratulations to the winners! The list of whom can be found at:
We hope everyone had as good a time at the games as we did putting them on.
See you next year!
We couldn’t put on the Manitoba Robot Games without the generous support of our wonderful sponsors.
Mark your calendars for March 18th, 2023.
* It is hard to believe we have been putting on the Robot Games for 25 years and the “we” I speak of are all volunteers so be kind to us !
* I have uploaded all of the 2023 rules so it is just the SSL & SSH that will not be available this year.
* We will have 15 competitions this year.
* So read the rules to see what is new and start planning your strategy to perhaps go home with a trophy and some prize money !
* Important changes in Tractor Pull and all Sumo competitions have been made. PLEASE READ THE RULES. Especially those in Red
We’re Back! Mark your calendars for Saturday March 18th.2023 for the renewed 25th Manitoba Robot Games We will be back at TecVoc High School Gymnasium, so start working on those competitive robots.
To assist us in planning we would really appreciate some idea of what schools may be participating in the games. Send to email@example.com with subject “We’ll be there”. This will help us immensely.
We potentially will have all the original competitions (except the Super Scramble Heavy), however that will depend on the number of entrants.
We at MRG know that building a robot yourself and entering it in the games is a great experience, but we, and our sponsors, would like to hear from former contestants about how your experiences have influenced you.
For instance, one former contestant was so inspired by competing in the Games that he went on to Red River College to study electronics and then worked at Manitoba Hydro. He even volunteered on the MRG executive committee for several years.
Please, tell us your story. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Tell us your Story” in the subject line.